When you think of a rhinoplasty, the first question in your mind is how to choose a nose shape for rhinoplasty. Which nose shapes fit your face and make you more beautiful. Selecting a new nose shape is a big decision when considering getting a nose job. The nose is right in the middle of the face, and if you change its shape, it can really change how your whole face looks. The nose is a key part of your face, and it can define how you look. So, when you’re thinking about a nose job, the shape you pick for your new nose is crucial. You might have certain things you want to fix, or maybe you’re looking for some ideas to help you decide. Either way, it’s an important choice, and these five tips can guide you in selecting the right nose shape for you.
The Different Kinds of Nose Jobs
A nose job can fix and change the size and shape of your nose. When a good plastic surgeon does it, a rhinoplasty (nose job) can be in different types:
- Make a wide nose narrower
- Reduce the size of a big nose
- Straighten a crooked nose
- Change the tip of the nose
- Fix problems with breathing
There are many kinds of nose jobs, and the surgeon will suggest the one that fits your needs. Here are the different types, so you can think about them before getting any rhinoplasty surgery.
Open Rhinoplasty is a more involved process for people who need significant changes to their nostrils and overall nose shape. The plastic surgeon makes a cut in the columella, the skin between your nostrils. After the cut, the surgeon lifts the skin to reach the inside of the nose for fixing and reshaping. The skin is then stitched, tape is used to secure the nose, and a splint is placed to keep the nose in position during healing. The splint is taken off about a week later.
Closed Rhinoplasty is the most usual kind of nose job. In this procedure, the doctor makes cuts inside the nose, not outside. The surgeon lifts the soft tissues inside your nose to reach the cartilage and bones. This method takes less time, you recover faster, and there’s hardly any scarring.
Septorhinoplasty is a type of nose job surgery done to fix breathing problems caused by a deviated septum. The surgeon makes a cut inside the nose lining to straighten the septum. This procedure not only helps with breathing but also changes the nose shape for the better.
Liquid Rhinoplasty is a non-surgical nose job. The surgeon uses a mix of dermal fillers to fix small imperfections in the nose. This is a popular choice for those who only need minor corrections. The fillers will dissolve over time, so you might need more treatments to keep the nose’s shape and size.
Rhino-tip Surgery is a method to change the nose shape by altering the cartilage underneath. Most changes are done inside the nose to minimize scarring. During this surgery, the surgeon can give you the perfect nose tip, especially if your tip was crooked, large, or had flared nostrils.
Closed Rhinoplasty is the most common, Open Rhinoplasty is more invasive, Septorhinoplasty helps with breathing issues, Rhino-tip Surgery changes the nose shape by modifying cartilage, and Liquid Rhinoplasty is a non-surgical option using fillers. Each has its benefits and considerations, so it’s essential to discuss with your plastic surgeon which option suits your needs best.
Tips On Selecting A Nose Shape For Rhinoplasty
Discovering a new nose shape is a big deal, as it’s the main part of your face that usually catches your attention first. Rhinoplasty, a surgical procedure for the nose, can address various nose shapes and concerns. If you’re thinking about getting rhinoplasty, here are five simple tips for choosing your nose shape.
- Seek Inspiration: Look for pictures of noses that you find appealing. Even if you have specific issues you want to fix, it’s a good idea to explore different nose shapes that you really like. Bring these pictures to your plastic surgeon so they can understand your preferences and what you’re aiming for.
- Check Before and After Pictures: Take a look at before and after photos, especially those featuring noses similar to yours. This helps you get an idea of the possible results. Remember that different parts of the nose, like the bridge, tip, and nostrils, can be adjusted. These pictures will give you insights into the various options available.
- Research Your Plastic Surgeon: Your choice of a plastic surgeon is crucial for the final outcome. Your surgeon should have the right skills, knowledge, and experience to deliver the best results. Research your plastic surgeon and examine their before-and-after photos to understand the kind of results other patients have achieved.
- “Preview” Your New Nose: Nowadays, technology allows you to get a sneak peek of your potential new nose using image-altering software. During your consultation, your surgeon can also show you simulations of what your new nose might look like. This helps you visualize the changes before making any decisions.
- Define Your Goals and Expectations: Before choosing your new nose shape, think about what you want to achieve with the cosmetic procedure. Discuss your goals and expectations with your plastic surgeon, and let them guide you. Having realistic expectations about what’s achievable for your nose shape is crucial.
Many people seek rhinoplasty for various reasons. If you’re unhappy with how your nose looks or its shape, consider talking to a qualified plastic surgeon who stays updated on the latest rhinoplasty techniques. Book a consultation today at Bizkook Travel if you’re ready to explore the possibilities for your new nose.